Japan Tales: OSAKA!

Wednesday, October 25, 2017


Here goes my yearly travel in Japan! And this time,I fly to the Kansai region,Osaka! ;D This trip has taught me a lot of learnings as this is also my first time to go on a solo flight.I may have posted several good photos but I've gone through mishaps during those days too! Yet whatever it were,it will be all charged to experience ;) Everyone may say that travelling alone can be a scary or an eccentric idea to do. But to my mind, I think it's a liberal way of embracing one's independence--that your happiness and enjoyment do not depend on others. It really was frightening but why not overcome your fears,right?The country is quite a safe place with very honest people (yes,they really are!). So as an advice for doing solo travelling, I think all it takes are navigational skills and PR(with basic english). To be honest I really don't possess any of those skills much that is why I have such essentials:

In Osaka, the train station is life.But wifi is lifer.Haha!

It is definitely a must to have a wifi at all times for navigation purposes though there are public wifis in almost all areas.In my case, I rented a 7GB pocket wifi which is consumable throughout my whole stay.It was very savvy that I even got to use it inside the train.I use Hyperdia to indicate the train that I have to ride unto while Google Maps and Rome2Rio to get transport directions.Just be careful when you use it as a walking transit 'cause it can be confusing as some of its directions are not suitable to go on foot. check out Klook to rent a pocket wifi!


Another essential that I purchased was the Osaka Amazing Pass.I was supposed to buy the 1-day pass only but it got sold out too quick so I had no choice but to get the 2-day pass instead.Once again,thanks to Klook
! As for the one I had, it entitles me for unlimited usage of subways,trams and buses,free passes to several attractions and discount coupons to certain shops and restaurants. Unfortunately, I did not get to use them all 'cause there were times that I forgot to bring the pass with me whenever I go out of my hotel 😑 However, it was most useful to me when I ride the subways as it helped me go to areas like Namba and the Bay area.The only thing I missed would be Tennoji where the Osaka castle is.Hayy better luck next time! Anyway, at least I was able to use it to ride the Tempozan Ferris Wheel for free!


And this is my view from ze ferris wheel.❤️

Another attraction near this area is the Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan.

Basically, I stayed in Umeda (Kita or North area) particularly at Hearton Hotel Nishiumeda.The hotel is so convenient that Umesan Koji is near and Osaka station is a crosswalk away from it! Mind you,I got lost for several times there especially on my first day in the area. It is not just your ordinary station where people rushed by to catch a train but the place is a series of connecting malls and hotels! I even have a strange feeling that every floor seems to have a railway system. I was so amazed all over it as I had fun going from one establishment to another that can satisfy your shopping galore! Though, you need a lot of walking to do if you want to explore the whole place! Most shops sell the same items and one thing I've noticed was that: a) in this autumn season,they are all selling knitted outfits and b) UNIQLO is very popular that it even has its own section inside a dept.store.I can say that the prices there are much affordable than here in Manila ;)

My view from my hotel:the Umeda Sky Building!❤️



So this is how it looks like during the night.One of the busiest railway stations that I've ever seen!


I was also able to drop-by one of Pablo's kiosks!It was my first time to try this tart since I didn't found one in Tokyo before so I tried the original one worth 780 Yen and it was perfect!I wish I could've brought a box at home,haha.
Moving on,another shop that I went was HEP five wherein another huge ferris wheel stood.There is a Pablo cafe beside it plus H&M and Uniqlo has its own building.Amazing!❤️ And of course just like in Tokyo,I have visited Donki and Yodobashi for souvenirs and my electronic needs.


This is also where I had lunch at Gudetama Cafe.This sanrio pop-up cafe is certainly filled with this egg yolk character which is so cute! I ordered gyudon and mango juice in which you can take home the Gudetama lightbulb-bottle with you! :)




A day after my tour,I head on over to Namba (Minami or South area) and spent my last night in Dotonburi.
Besides that it is another shopping district,the place is home to well-known Japanese street foods!I could've gone to all of the stalls but it was such a long stretch and one night's absolutely not enough for it!Haha.So here are a few that I saw (and tasted):

The BEST takoyaki that I have ever eaten!❤️ Costs ¥650 for 6pcs already;very delectable when they cook it in front of you.


I also had a stick of yakitori that night which comes with a matcha bubble tea drink.❤️

And here,you could try the original gyoza.yumm!The only food that i was not able to try as it got out of stock right away was the charcoal-grilled crab.

Other than foodtripping,I went inside one of the Glico shops and bought my beloved Japanese confectioneries.One of which are Pocky and Caplico.



Indeed,it was so exquisite to see these 3D-kind of designs which make this whole strip so alive.



And of course,you can't leave this place without taking a picture or spazzing around its main view!I'm so glad I made it here❤️


I sure can't wait to come back here the soonest!Next stop,I will be posting my whole day tour around Kyoto,Nara and Kobe ;D
'til then!

**Credits to the following for making my trip possible:
Jetstar Asia for my airfare
Agoda and Expedia for my hotel booking.
Klook for my pocket wifi and Osaka Amazing Pass
and Kkday for their airport transfer reservation :)