10/10: Crash Landing On You

Sunday, April 5, 2020

Disclaimer: All thoughts are of my own.

I hope everyone’s safe in this time of a pandemic! Let us follow the quarantine policies of our country to end the spread of COVID19. It does get boring to be on house arrest for quite a while whereas for me, working in the hospital has been very stressful with a 50:50 chance of getting the strain ;( Understaffed, lack of supplies and the increasing number of affected patients---so please STAY AT HOME.Take the opportunity to rest and may we all pray for better days ✨

Honestly, my whole March hasn't really been good having some travel plans cancelled and other personal issues.Hence, in order to divert myself from such misery, I went 'Netflix and chill' on my break and one of the shows that I end up watching is "Crash Landing On You".

NB:I rarely watch K-dramas as I find it cheesy/'pabebe';
 Majority of my friends and family strongly urged me to see this show and at first, I was disgusted that I vowed not to watch it as it was very mainstream. I just even asked for the full plot-all spoilers which I found interesting. So once upon a miserable day, I gave in to watch the series---and they have captured my heart. ;p


Briefly, the story's about a wealthy South Korean chaebol (Yoon Seri) who had gone paragliding and accidentally stumbled in North Korea where she was found by a handsome army officer (Capt. Ri Jeong Hyeok). From there, the captain kept the beautiful chaebol and find ways on how she can go back to SK without creating any military fuss then all throughout, the two ended up being close in which a problem occurs on how they can be together instead in the middle of two conflicting nations.

The whole storyline is quite genuine from all rom-com K-dramas that I know. I have always been curious to what NoKor really is like I once searched for a travel blog about it.Hahah! They definitely did not film the drama in Pyongyang yet, the scenery and culture that  it showed there enlightened me up. Fictitious in some parts but it still gave justice that "love knows no border" and that thing called 'destiny'? It happens. 🖤


 PS: check out my CLOY Graphics Thread on Twitter ! ðŸ–¤


Plus, this Hyun Bin/Son Yejin chemistry makes every episode more heart fluttering! 💓 Both actors played great and made every scene so lively. I admit that I cried from the time that they were bidding farewells, the accidents, and the last 2 episodes (as iiiin, iyak kung iyak! lol) . They are so sweet together in which I hope that they are a real-life couple. #BinJin #RiRiCouple ðŸ–¤ 


The second lead couples (Gu Seung Jun & Seo Dan) are also good by the way which I believe they click to those who are fond of love-hate relationships. However, it's a sad ending for them :(

One of my fav episodes are those when everyone was already in Seoul wherein the comrades were deeply stunned with the environment and Seri living the luxurious life with Capt. Ri. I sure adore Seri's character so much. I like the idea that she's the richer person compared to others in which the leading man is often the CEO. And that heiress-meets-an army man- truly hits a genuine spot.
So can there be a second season? HOPEFULLY!!
Come to think of it, will they just unite every 2weeks/year in Switzerland all the time?I mean, 2weeks only?! Or maybe the director could give another story for them or I guess, can they just have another project?Hahah.

Overall, I gave this a perfect 10 'cause I really enjoyed watching it with all the mixed emotions throughout the plot.This has certainly took K-Drama to another level ðŸ–¤
It's a must-watch to see their behind the scenes vids and interviews on YouTube!