My 2 Cents of BinJin

Thursday, June 25, 2020


My fangirl heart has come beating again---surprisingly, it's due to K-DRAMA and it's Hyun Bin&Son Yejin to be specific.🖤

I wanted to share this because these 2 people brought a positive omen to me during the peak of COVID19 when there was global lockdown plus my stressful job as a medical frontliner. Since then, I gave in to watching "Crash Landing On You"(CLOY) until my obsessions went on a roll. Consequently, the RiRi Couple unexpectedly became my happy pill. 🖤

This post contains how I gave my free will to support them including the fan group that I joined, what I know and my thoughts about them as close friends.

NOTE: Please bear with my delusional fangirl blurbs as you read along. All thoughts are of my own 

From CLOY's RiRi/Dooly/2Ri couple, these 2 stars quickly evolved their loveteam name into BinJin (hyun BIN-son ye JIN). Basically, their tandem didn't start in CLOY as they starred in a movie last 2018 entitled, "The Negotiation". They may have filmed this on split screens but there was spark on their chemistry.Their promotional events at that moment made it even looked as if they're promoting a romantic movie (and this part, I've explained further on my previous post 😉). They both expressed in one of the press cons that they want to work together again but in a romantic-comedy/melodrama genre someday. So there came CLOY. I loved how they act with each passing episodes paving way to touchy feels in the story.🥰

From kissing scenes to love-hate shenanigans, their acting seemed so natural that makes our hearts flutter 🥰 The last 2 episodes of the show made me cry big time to the point that I really felt their misery when they got separated--and eventually, I still cried on the part when they reunited. Haha!

At the end, I had this post-CLOY depression symptom so I searched for further BinJin news. I watched all their press-cons and behind the scenes videos which I found very entertaining. They looked beyond adorable together--nakakakilig talaga! Hence, I decided to support them or in fandom lingo, 'ship 🖤 I always rummage whenever I stan a celebrity from their own socmed accounts, fan accounts and most importantly, joining a fangroup.


Introducing SigriswilPH
This was formed from an SYJ group in Telegram and there, I joined the craze (honestly, I was shookt with the application form and screening as I didn't took it seriously; It's the first fangroup that I've entered with such kind of measures.Haha!). Luckily, I got accepted and I'm proud to be part of a team with various talents from writing fanfics, playing musical covers, selling BinJin merchandise and creating FMV's/fan artworks. Through ups and downs, I'm thankful to be with this BinJin fambam 🖤 There are more BinJin fangroups circulating on socmed and I do commend their efforts too, especially during the Baeksang TikTok voting, the unity among the fans were so admirable. 
Well done!

Check out my BinJin graphics thread on Twitter which I update from time to time. Feel free to use any as banners or device wallpaper ;)


My Personal BinJin Thoughts *drum rolls*
Firstly, I love both Hyun Bin and Son Yejin so much. 🖤 I'm one of the fans who are praying and waiting desperately for that romantic confirmation. However, I believe that there's a hindrance with what the fans would like to happen (OKAY DON'T BASH ME YET).I'm a stranger on how K-entertainment plays but based on what I've heard from my friends who are certified Koreaboos, such cons shall be considered:
1) that 2 celebs can only team-up twice in a project (the saddest part 😞) and
2) A dating status can be difficult to admit because of the fans' divided opinions.There are fan wars and the media would even term these dating rumors as scandals in a jiffy.

Learning about these 2 conflicts is upsetting that sometimes it caused me to think again if I will continue this 'shipping madness--which I chose to push through. In fact, I have high instincts that they might've been dating for quite a while already! 

PS: I'm not delulu or biased to say that. Lets face it.
BinJin is ranging from their late 30's and I don't think that we should expect them to have cheesy public display of affections as often as we wished for. They're way different from other Asian loveteams and I hate it when they are being compared to those. We all want to hear them admit their status in public, but to my mind, it might never happen at all BUT rather, they would let their actions do the talking instead. And what do I mean by that?

Let me just state the latest biz (as of June 21,2020) to make it fresh and clear though mind you, their past dating rumors have been adding fuel to the fire since what, 2018?!(i.e golf, grocery, CLOY BTS,etc) Seriously, are we just all blind or something? Their agencies might've denied previously but how come the two kept on going together? oh, the myste-RI 😌 In addition, they shouldn't make it to Korea's TMZ or the jealousy of other fandoms if nothing's going on between them.


Their gestures during Baeksang Arts Awards (05Jun20)
Many kept on saying that the BinJin ambiance was somewhat cold at that time having less interactions despite winning the "TikTok Popularity Award". There was no sweetness, they act as if they don't know each other--like,are you sure?! To me, I was ecstatic when I saw them win and had their TikTok interview. As what I've said earlier, we can't expect them to be very clingy especially then that the show was observing social distancing as much as possible.But when the off-cam clips went out, there were a bunch of BinJin moments caught in which the most significant was the way they were stealing glances with one another 🖤 Ergo, such minute motions mean a lot to the fandom.Who knows, they might've left the event together, ninja moves ;)

Yejin's liking spree vs. Bin's METRO.Style Interview
A few weeks back, our Yejinhand went viral for liking several posts about her and her photos with Hyun Bin on Instagram. Lucky for those fan accounts who had made it to her double-heart taps but the thing is, would someone like a certain post if it's insignificant?😏 This isn't dissecting yet as an ordinary person, would you?Haha. She even liked some pictures from "The Negotiation" era and a post related to their dating rumor soo, is she trying to say something here? Is she with 'somebody' while doing this? 😌

Then just before Baeksang Awards day, HB had an interview with Philippines' Metro.Style being the newest endorser of SMART.Mainly, the interview is obviously for him but in some cases, you can go count the times he mentions "MISS YEJIN" 😏 My heart squealed for joy when he described working with Yejin then after that, he was asked about his hair and there he reminisced that it was mentioned by her.

This also came from "The Nego" days which was 2 years ago yet of all the interviews that he had done throughout, it was this that he remembered very well.🖤 Lets take it to consideration that maybe this is also scripted however, why would he allow such a thing to be asked knowing that they usually screen the questions? How fishy. 😏


Twinning updates. Here is their recent product endorsement from Manyo x Mediheal.
When one shows its latest content, the other also brings a new one after a few hours. 😏 They did that for about 3 consecutive days with both having new commercial projects: Manyo x Mediheal, JennyHouse Re:bak shampoo for Yejin and Bodyluv for HB. Aside from that, they have some sort of a color coordination with their wardrobe as when she wears white, our man wears the same shade as well! It was cute, lovely, and definitely keep us thinking if this is all well-written or partly coincidence? but to do it frequently is coincidental no more, isn't it?!

So that's my personal take on 'shipping one of Korea's beloved showbiz couple. Our BinJin hearts can be filled with conundrums but I highly believe that it'll be clear as day when the right time arrives. I'm pretty sure it will be. Though if ever that they will continue to have their lips sealed about this issue, then just respect and admire their genuine privacy of their relationship.
A true fan knows its limitations from being delusional to a responsible shipper.😉

Long live BinJin 🖤